- 1. Coming to the door to pick someone up.
- 2. Trying to dress really nicely for a date.
- 3. Bringing flowers or other tokens of affection to the first date.
- 4. Going dancing that’s not grinding on a grimy club floor.
- 5. Straightforwardly asking someone out and not calling it “hanging out.”
- 6. Additionally, being clear about when you’re “going steady.”
- 7. Romantic gestures like writing poems.
- 8. Turning electronics off and just being with one another.
- 9. The general concept of asking permission for things.
- 10. Not assuming sex is to be had at any point in time.
- by Kate Bailey
"There are times in our lives when we have to realize our past is precisely what it is, and we cannot change it. But we can change the story we tell ourselves about it, and by doing that, we can change the future."
— Eleanor Brown, The Weird Sisters (via feellng)
"From now on, if I say I love you, I’m speaking out of habit."
— Lisa Moore, from “Mouths, Open” (via feellng)
"If you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her—-then don’t let her go."
— Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle (via feellng)